Sangria spritzer recipes are such a refreshing drink to serve on a hot summer day or at a gathering. With another weekend gone by and a new work week started! I had some guests over a few weeks ago and I decided to experiment a little to make two versions of Sangria. I made a white wine sangria and the other was a red wine sangria. Whether it is Red or White Wine Sangria, the recipe I'm sharing with you today, will remain engraved in your memory.
Red or White Wine Sangria is so very easy to make. You can use wine, beer or a liquor as your alcohol base and then add a carbonated drink and some fruit to jazz it up.
Options for Your Wine Sangria Spritzer
For the Red Wine Sangria version, I combined the following:
- ginger ale
- red wine
- cranberry juice
- sliced strawberries and blueberries
- cups ice
For the White Wine Sangria version, I combined the following:
- San Pellegrino Grapefruit soda
- Perrier ((in Place of Ginger Ale)
- white wine
- orange juice
- slices of orange, grapefruit, and lime
Use your imagination to experiment and make different flavor combinations of Red or White Wine Sangria.
Most important, if you're a lush like me, you probably won't be able to decide which combination you like better. Both combinations above are light, refreshing and make great spritzers to cool off your guests as you entertain.
Surprisingly, I liked the red wine sangria over the white wine sangria. Which one will you prefer more?
Tips and Tricks to Making the Best Red or White Wine Sangria
These can be made ahead of time and refrigerated if you are planning a family function or gathering. Avoid putting the ice in the pitcher with the mixture before your guests arrive, otherwise the Sangria will get watered down as the ice melts.
Instead of putting the ice in the pitcher, try keeping the ice in an ice bucket or bowl nearby. Then place the ice your guests glass just before serving. Pour the Sangria over the ice and enjoy.
Regardless of which Sangria Spritzer you assemble, you can follow this recipe template.
Not sure where to find some great wines in Toronto? How about the LCBO? Note that you don't need to use an expensive wine or beer. Anything will do. Just remember to use something you like for a great tasting experience.
Drop a comment below with your spin on this recipe. I’d love to see your pictures so don’t forget to post them on your Instagram account. Tag me at #girl_with_a_spatula and follow me @girl_with_a_spatula
Looking for other lip smacking recipes? Click here to search the site for some great inspiration.
Not ready to make this Red or White Wine Sangria now? No problem, PIN it for later.
Red and White Wine Sangria
Red Wine Sangria
- 2 cans of ginger ale
- 1 ½ cups favourite red wine
- 1 cups cranberry juice
- ½ cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cups sliced blueberries
- 1 cups ice
White Wine Sangria
- 1 can of San Pelligrino Grapefruit (in Place of Ginger Ale)
- 1 can of Perrier (in Place of Ginger Ale)
- 1 ½ cups favourite white wine
- 1 cups orange juice
- ½ orange sliced
- ½ grapefruit sliced
- ½ lime sliced
- 1 cups ice
- Regardless of which Sangria you assemble, you can follow these instructions.
- Cut the fruit and place In a pitcher, add in wine and juice. Add both cans of soda in pitcher, if possible, or as much as you can. ensuring that you are using equal amounts of each type of soda. Keep Refrigerated until ready to use.
- Put ice in a small bowl when you are ready. When you are ready to serve the Sangria, place the desired amount of ice cubes in a glass and pour mixture in the glass.
Leave a Reply