When life hands you lemons, make Spiked Strawberry Lemonade! This refreshing and tangy drink is perfect for sipping on a hot summer day, lounging by the pool, or enjoying with friends at a backyard BBQ.
The combination of tart lemon juice and sweet strawberries creates a deliciously balanced flavor that's sure to quench your thirst. Plus, with a splash of vodka, this classic lemonade gets a boozy upgrade that'll have you feeling refreshed and relaxed in no time. Get ready to raise your glass and cheers to the perfect summer drink!
- Why You'll Love this Drink
- What to Serve with a Strawberry Vodka Cocktail
- Ingredients Needed to Make Spiked Strawberry Lemonade with Vodka
- How to Make Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
- Top tip
- Substitutions and Variations
- Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
- Desserts to Wow any Crowd:
- Recipe Details
- PIN It Here
- Food Safety
Why You'll Love this Drink
- Refreshing: Spiked strawberry lemonade is a refreshing drink that is perfect for a hot summer day.
- Delicious flavor: This drink has a delicious combination of sweet strawberries and tart lemon, making it a perfect balance of flavors.
- Easy to make: With just a few ingredients and simple steps, anyone can make this delicious drink at home.
- Customizable: You can adjust the alcohol content to your preference and even add other flavors like mint or basil to give it a unique twist.
What to Serve with a Strawberry Vodka Cocktail
A strawberry vodka cocktail is the perfect drink to serve at a barbecue or outdoor gathering.
This strawberry lemonade with vodka was inspired by my Red and White Wine Sangria drinks that also make a perfect drink for warm days or as a pre dinner drink for a dinner party.
This page contains affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients Needed to Make Spiked Strawberry Lemonade with Vodka
This cocktail for spiked strawberry lemonade is easy to make and uses the following ingredients: lemons, water, sugar, frozen strawberries, fresh strawberries and vodka.
Sugar while this isn't the main ingredient, sugar was used to sweeten the drink to preference and can be eliminated.
Frozen strawberries work best for this cocktail because they are much sweeter than fresh strawberries and are easier to process.
Fresh strawberries make a great garnish and added touch of fruit to nibble on.
Vodka or gin are perfect an alcohol because they pair well with the strawberry and lemonade flavor, plus they are clear and won't distort the color of the cocktail.
See recipe card for full ingredient list and quantities.
How to Make Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
Combine lemon juice, sugar and water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Place in a decanter.
Combine strawberry crystals water and pureed strawberries (do not use warm water). If needed, push your pureed strawberries through a strainer. Stir to combine.
Add to decanter with lemon juice. Add vodka
Place sugar in a plate, dip your finger in water and wet the rim of your glasses. You can also dip the rim of the glass in water and then dip it in the sugar to coat the rim of the glass.
Wash strawberries and cut them in half. Score in the middle and place on the rim of the glass for decoration.
Chill for 2 to 3 hours. Pour mixture into glass and serve
If you want to use ice, do not place it in the decanter with the strawberry lemonade mixture because it will dilute the mixture.
Hint: Add ice the individual glasses and pour cocktail over the ice. Serve immediately.
Substitutions and Variations
Here are a few variations for you to consider:
- Rum - substitute rum for the vodka or your favorite alcohol, even champagne or sparkling wine
- Fruit - use a different type of berry, like blueberry, cherries or raspberries
- Coconut cream - add coconut cream to make a tropical version of this favorite
- Freeze - freeze it and make it a slushy!
- Mocktail - eliminate the alcohol and make it a virgin strawberry lemonade.
Got other ideas? Go ahead and make this one your own. Leave a comment and let me know what you did different. I'd love to hear from you.
Not to worry if you don't own a juicer, just squeeze the lemon with your hand making sure you catch the seeds and discard the lemon seeds. A mini strainer might come in handy too to strain your strawberries.
This mixture stores well in the fridge for 2 days, provided that you did not add ice to the decanter.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing, therefore this isn't recommended.
Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
Gin and vodka are two types of alcohol that pair well with lemonade. You can also pair lemonade with any clear alcohol with a subtle taste.
Lemonade is usually comprised of freshly squeezed lemon, sugar and water. Use 1 part lemon juice to 2 parts water and adjust the sweetness to your preference.
Lemonade goes well with fruit that is sweet like strawberries, cherries, or raspberries. The color combination is also appealing to the eye.
Desserts to Wow any Crowd:
Spiked Strawberry Lemonade Cocktail
- 4 Lemons 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp strawberry crystals like jello
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cups frozen strawberries pureed
- ½ cup sugar for glass rim
- 3 to 4 fresh strawberries garnish
- 4 ounces vodka
- Combine lemon juice, sugar and water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place in a decanter
- Combine strawberry crystals water and pured strawberries (do not use warm water). Stir to combine.
- Add to decanter with lemon juice. Add vodka
- Place sugar in a plate, dip your finger in water and wet the rim of your glasses. You can also dip the rim of the glass in water and then dip it in the sugar to coat the rim of the glass.
- Wash strawberries and cut them in half. Score in the middle and place on the rim of the glass for decoration.
- Chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Do not add ice into the decanter mixture because it will dilute the alcohol. Instead, if you want to use ice, place the ice in the glass and pour the mixture over the ice.
- Pour mixture into glass and serve.
PIN It Here
Note that the storage guidelines provided on this page and site are estimates from personal experiences. We are all adults and as an adult you are responsible to ensure that the food you eat is safe to eat. Since, I'm not a food safety expert, you are responsible to review your local guidelines on food storage prior to storing any food left-overs.
- Not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove