Indulge in the luscious delight of egg free Mini Tiramisu Cups, for everyone to enjoy. These delectable individual desserts capture the essence of the classic Italian tiramisu, with layers of whipped cream cheese, delicate coffee-soaked ladyfingers, and a hint of cocoa.
By omitting the eggs, these mini tiramisu cups offer a lighter and more accessible version of the beloved dessert, perfect for those with dietary restrictions or preferences.
Each bite is a heavenly combination of velvety textures and harmonious flavors, making these egg-free mini tiramisu cups a delightful treat that is sure to impress.
Why You'll Love Mini Tiramisu Cups
- Inclusive Dessert: By being egg-free, these mini tiramisu cups cater to those with dietary restrictions or allergies, allowing everyone to savor the exquisite flavors and textures of this beloved dessert.
- Lighter Indulgence: The absence of eggs in these mini tiramisu cups creates a lighter and airier texture, making them feel less heavy on the palate while still maintaining the essence of the classic tiramisu.
- Easy Preparation: With no eggs to worry about, the process of making these mini tiramisu cups becomes simpler and more convenient, requiring fewer ingredients and steps without compromising on the delicious taste.
- Decadent Flavors Intact: Despite being egg-free, these mini tiramisu cups retain the authentic flavors of traditional tiramisu, featuring layers of creamy mascarpone, coffee-infused ladyfingers, and a dusting of cocoa, ensuring a luxurious and satisfying dessert experience.
- No Bake: no worries about turning the oven on or fumbling with baking pans and what not.
The best part about this mini dessert recipe in a cup is that you can make different little dessert cup flavors and serve them in disposable plastic dessert cups.
This recipe for Individual egg free Tiramisu cups was inspired by the holidays. Choosing a dessert that everyone likes can be stressful and challenging. You can create variety by using one sheet pan vanilla cake and use one flavor or alternate flavors so that your guests have options.
This page contains affiliate links, which means I may receive commissions if you choose to purchase through links I provide (at no extra cost to you). Thank you for supporting the work I put into this site! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
What You'll Need to Make Mini Tiramisu Cups
This recipe for egg free mini tiramisu cups uses the following ingredients: coffee, coffee liquor, heavy cream, cream cheese, vanilla extract and chocolate.
Liquor such as rum or brandy, adds a subtle boozy note that balances the sweetness of the dessert and imparts a unique flavor profile.
Vanilla Extract enhances the overall taste of the tiramisu, imparting a warm and aromatic flavor that complements the other ingredients and adds depth to the dessert.
Coffee is a key ingredient in tiramisu, providing a bold and aromatic flavor that complements the sweetness of other components.
Whipping Cream is essential for creating the creamy and velvety layers in tiramisu, contributing to its indulgent and luxurious texture.
See recipe card for further details and quantities for egg free mini tiramisu cups.
How to Make Egg Free Mini Tiramisu Cups
In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the cream cheese, vanilla extract and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add the heavy cream slowly down the side of the bowl. Scrape the bowl. Mix on medium high until stiff peaks form and fluffy. Do not over mix. Store in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble the mini desserts.
Mix coffee and coffee liquor in a small cup or dish.
Once you have the whipped cream cheese and cream frosting and coffee mixture, it's time to assemble the mini desserts.
Cut the lady fingers in half if necessary then dip in coffee mixture and place on the bottom of the glass. Top with more coffee and a spoonful of cream mixture.
Repeat dipping lady fingers and topping with cream another 1 to 2 times.
Top with cocoa and chocolate shavings.
Chill for at least an hour.
- To achieve a creamy and smooth texture in your egg-free tiramisu, make sure to whip the cream cheese with the sugar first, then add the whipping cream and beat until stiff peaks form. This will help create a light and airy filling that resembles the traditional texture of tiramisu, even without the use of eggs.
- Use cold coffee to avoid melting the whipped cream and cream cheese filling.
Substitutions and Variations
These egg free mini tiramisu cups are great because you can make so many variations with lady fingers or just one cake sheet. Here are some variations for you to consider:
- Raspberry White Chocolate Mini Dessert Cups - substitute the coffee/liquor mixture for a white chocolate ganache and add raspberries
- Birthday Cake Mini Dessert Cups - substitute the coffee/liquor for sprinkles and candy covered chocolate
- Cookies and Cream Mini Dessert Cups - substitute coffee/liquor for chocolate sandwich cookies and add cocoa powder to you cake batter to make chocolate cake
- Lemon Curd Mini Dessert Cups - substitute coffee/liquor for lemon curd/custard
- Apple Crisp Mini Dessert Cups - substitute coffee/liquor for apple crisp/cobbler
- Gluten Free - use gluten free flour to make your cake gluten free.
If you have another idea or combination, try it out! Let me know in the comments how it turns out.
Equipment has a big impact on how a recipe turns out. For this recipe you will need a stand mixer or a hand mixer. Measuring spoons and cups will also come in handy. You will also need small bowls to hold ingredients when assembling the mini Dessert Cups and disposable cups for serving.
As you assemble the mini tiramisu cups place them in an 8" round cake pan for easy transport from the counter to the fridge. These mini desserts can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
It's not recommended that you leave these desserts out for more than one hour as they use whipped cream which can spoil very quickly.
I've never frozen these mini desserts and can't recommend doing so.
Answers to Commonly Asked Questions
Yes, you can omit the liquor if you prefer a non-alcoholic version. You can replace it with an equal amount of coffee or use liquor extracts for a non-alcoholic alternative.
Whipping cream works best for its high fat content and ability to hold shape when whipped. However, you can try substituting it with heavy cream or chilled coconut cream for a similar result.
Yes, you can use decaffeinated coffee if you prefer to reduce or eliminate caffeine. It will still provide the desired flavor and moistening effect to the ladyfingers.
Tiramisu benefits from some chilling time to allow the flavors to meld and the texture to set. It is typically recommended to refrigerate tiramisu for at least 4 hours, but overnight chilling produces the best results.
Other Dessert Recipes
Egg Free Individual Tiramisu Cups
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the cream cheese and sugar until softened. Add the heavy cream half at a time while mixing.
- Scrape the bowl and mix until stiff and fluffy.
- Combine cold coffee, vanilla extract and coffee liquor (like Kahlua) in a soup bowl.
- Cut the lady fingers in half if necessary then dip in coffee mixture and place on the bottom of the glass. Top with more coffee and a spoonful of cream mixture.
- Repeat dipping lady fingers and topping with cream another 1 to 2 times.
- Top with cocoa and chocolate shavings.
- Chill for an hour.
PIN It Here
Note that the storage guidelines provided on this page and site are estimates from personal experiences. We are all adults and as an adult you are responsible to ensure that the food you eat is safe to eat. Since, I'm not a food safety expert, you are responsible to review your local guidelines on food storage prior to storing any food left-overs.
- Not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove