It seems that this Arugula Salad with Pear, Goat Cheese and Prosciutto has become my go-to lunch on days when I don't know what to make and need a quick fix.
Not to mention that it's a somewhat healthy option for lunch or a light dinner. This Arugula Salad comes together in about 15 minutes and requires no cooking. Sweet Pears, Salty Prosciutto and tangy Goat Cheese make this a salad you won't forget.
Make it for lunch, make it as an appetizer for your next dinner party!
This Arugula Salad is great any time of the year, Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall.
It's always best to use fresh and organic ingredients for the best salad because the majority of the ingredients you are using don't require cooking. Fresh ingredients usually have less bacteria if stored properly. After all, you wouldn't want to bit into mushy pear or spoiled arugula.
- Goat Cheese
- Olive oil and rice vinegar
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for How to Make Tasty Arugula Salad
If you are making one or two servings, use the salad bowl you will be serving the arugula salad from to make the dressing. This way you'll have one less dish to wash from making the salad dressing.
Mix the olive oil, rice vinegar, honey and salt in the bowl.
Place about two cups of arugula in the bowl an using a fork scrape pieces of goat cheese and top the salad with it.
I usually remove the fat from the prosciutto, cut it into smaller or thinner pieces and roll it up before I place it on the the salad.
When I don't have my mom and dad's prosciutto on hand, I usually rely on San Danielle Prosciutto packed in slices. Because we eat it during the week, we usually get the jumbo pack.
Slice the pear on a cutting board, remember to get around the core.
Top the salad with the pear, prosciutto and sprinkle a handful of pistachios on top. Toss and enjoy!
Hint: If your pears are hard or not ripe yet, place them by a window for a couple of days. Then place them in the fridge to keep them fresh.
Unfortunately this recipe can't be made vegan. But you could change it up by substituting a few of the ingredients if you don't eat meat.
- Arugula - instead of Arugula, you can use spinach or a spring mix.
- Goat Cheese/Prosciutto - use roasted tofu squares, bacon or sundried tomatoes.
- Honey - use date paste or dried fruit.
Make this salad your own by adding your favorite ingredients.
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes or banana peppers
- Deluxe - add avocado, olives, crispy onions or dried cranberry
- Kid friendly - add crushed potato chips on the side or serve it with cheese pizza !
Basic equipment like measuring spoons, a large salad bowl and a measuring cup are all you need to prep and make this salad.
Unless you are making an arugula salad for four, it's unlikely that you'll use up all the arugula. Leafy greens tend to spoil easily. One trick I learned is to place a paper towel in the container with my salad greens in the refrigerator.
Placing a paper towel in the container helps to absorb the moisture and keeps the leaves dry and fresh.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing or storage after you have prepared the salad.
Note that the storage guidelines provided on this page and site are estimates from personal experiences. We are all adults and as an adult you are responsible to ensure that the food you eat is safe to eat. Since, I'm not a food safety expert, you are responsible to review your local guidelines on food storage prior to storing any food left-overs.
For Canadian Guidelines check Government of Canada's Food and Safety Guidelines for further information and resources.
This salad is best made and served immediately. The longer it sits the longer the arugula salad will wilt and soften. It won't look very appealing and will shrink down considerably.
PIN it for Later Here
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Rice Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons of Honey
- 2 cups of Arugula
- 14 grams of Goat Cheese 2 tablespoons
- 1 Pear sliced
- 15 grams of Pistachios roasted, shelled (about 2 tablespoons)
- 35 grams of Prosciutto 3 slices
- Place dressing ingredients in the bottom of a salad bowl and mix gently.
- Place arugula over the dressing.
- Dolop goat cheese over arugula. Mix salad and ingredients gently using tongs to fold all ingredients.
- Add pistachios.
- Place sliced pears on top.
- Take three slices of prosciutto and remove any fat by pulling it off each slice. Tear each slice of prosciutto to make smaller slices. Roll each piece of prosciutto and place strategically on salad all the way around the bowl.
- Serve immediately.