Baked Pasta Chips are the latest TikTok craze that turns pantry pasta into a homemade delicious snack. Normally made in the air fryer, these baked in the oven pasta chips will taste just as great!
Air fryer instructions are also included in case you own an air fryer.
Pasta chips can be made with virtually any type of past but the most popular pasta to use are rigatoni and farfalle (bow-tie) pasta. Ultimately, you can use any type of pasta you have but small round type pasta works best.
Preparing the Pasta
Before you get excited about making pasta chips, unfortunately you can't just take uncooked pasta, toss it with spices and bake it without cooking it.
Cooking the pasta shouldn't take you very long though. Just cook the past as per the manufacturer's instructions, drain and set aside while you prepare the seasoning.
Once your pasta has drained, toss the seasoning mix into the past and mix well. Then take the pasta and spread it out on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
Place them in the oven for 20 minutes at 400ºF, flipping half way through. Make sure that you use a glove to handle the baking sheet.
Types of Spices to Use
So far, I've made pasta chips with two combinations of seasoning. But, your choices are endless. You just need to be creative with the flavors.
Spices to use for an Italian Pasta Chip:
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
Spices to use for a Taco Pasta Chip:
- Taco Seasoning
- Shredded Tex Mex or Cheddar Cheese
- olive oil
Spices to use for a Spicy Pasta Chip
- Cayenne Powder
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- olive oil
You can also add your favorite spice or herb to make your perfect custom pasta chip.
Baking vs. Air Fryer Pasta Chips
In terms of nutrition content, there isn't a difference whether you air fry or bake these chips since your are not adding more oil for the air fryer. I've even seen some people microwave pasta to make it into a chip.
So, regardless of which method you use to make your pasta chips, rest assured that either method isn't any more healthier than the other in terms of nutrition.
Selecting the Perfect Dip for Your Pasta Chips
What fun are chips if you can't dip them in a delicious sauce or dip? Here are some ideas for you to consider as a dip for your home made pasta chips:
- Great Value Sriracha Mayo Spread
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
- PC Sriracha Mayo
- Kraft Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
- Tostitos Con Queso Salsa Dip
Of course, there are so many other options but I hope this gives you a start to what types of dips, sauces and dressings you can use.
And, pardon me if I've missed your favorite dip - just go ahead and add it!
Did You Make Pasta Chips?
If you made pasta chips, I'd love to hear from you. Please leave a comment and let me know how they turned out and what seasonings you used.
Looking for Other Dips to Make?
If you are looking for other dips to make, try one of these:
Baked Pasta Chips are the latest TikTok craze that turns pantry pasta into homemade delicious snack. Normally made in the air fryer, these baked in the oven pasta chips will taste just a great!
- 180g rigatoni pasta cooked (or ⅓ of a bag)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne or chili pepper (optional)
- ⅛ tsp of salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil for easy clean-up.
- Place the pasta in a medium bowl
- In a small bowl combine seasoning ingredients.
- Add the olive oil to the seasoning and stir until evenly combined.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the pasta and mix until the seasoning has evenly coated all the pasta.
- Pour the pasta onto the baking sheet and make sure that the pasta is evenly spaced out.
- Pop in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven to turn the pasta to the other side and return to oven for another 10 minutes or until the pasta is no longer opaque and is very firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite siracha mayo.
Note 1: Oven Temperatures
All ovens are different. Start checking your pasta at 8 minutes and make sure your pasta chips are not burning.
Note 2: Air Fryer Option
- Follow steps 1 to 6 above.
- Place small batches of the pasta in your air fryer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip with a spatula and cook for another 3 minutes more.
- Break apart any pasta chips that are stuck together.
- Repeat with remaining pasta
- Let rest so that the pasta chips finish getting crispy
Serving Size:½ of Chips
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
Nutrition data is calculated automatically by Nutritionix and isn't always accurate. I am not a certified nutritionist and make no claims to the contrary. Each individual’s dietary needs and restrictions are unique to the individual. You are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to your health.