Thanksgiving is around the corner and what better way to finish the meal with a Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake.
Tips and Tricks to Make the Best Cheesecake
Choosing the Right Equipment
For this cheesecake you will want to prepare a 9" spring form pan by lining it with some parchment paper.
If you don't have circular parchment paper, you can just place a square of parchment paper over the base, attach the spring form and then cut the excess around the pan.
In addition, you will need either a handheld mixer or a stand mixer to make your life easier when you decide to make a cheesecake.
Items to collect before you start:
- 9" spring form pan
- parchment paper
- stand mixer and bowl
- measuring spoons
- measuring cup
The First Step to Making the Pumpkin Cheesecake
This cheesecake is made in three steps. The first step is the delicious graham cracker crust.
For the crust you'll need to mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Bake the crust for about 15 minutes until golden brown and then let cool down completely before adding the cheesecake batter.
The Second Step
Step 3 Step 4
Next you'll put together the cheesecake batter and pour it on top of the graham cracker crust that is cool to the touch.
You'll bake the cheesecake at 350°F for about 10 minutes and then lower the temperature to 325°F and bake for another 50 to 60 minutes until the sides look golden. Don't overcook.
A great tip to see if the cheesecake is cooked, is to stick a toothpick in the center and if it comes out "somewhat clean" and not wet - you're good to remove it from the oven and let it cool down.
Unlike regular cakes, the toothpick may not come out totally dry and clean due to the moist cheese. So just make sure that you don't have little clumps of cheesecake batter on your toothpick before you remove it from the oven.
A lot of bakers swear by water baths and steam baths when making cheesecake. But, honestly - it's not necessary.
I've made a lot of cheesecake, like this lemon marshmallow meringue cheesecake. Let's just say that making cheesecakes is one of my baking passions.
PRO TIP: Bake your cheesecake on the middle shelf of your oven and place a tray underneath your cheesecake to catch any drippings. This will save you time cleaning your oven!
Decorating Your Cheesecake
You don't really need to decorate your cheesecake. But if you don't like seeing it naked you could either use dollops of dream whip or you can make your own whipped cream.
If you decide to make your own whipped cream, follow my recipe for a stable easy whipped cream using 4 ingredients.
How to Make Your Cheesecake Different
Here are some ideas to make this cheesecake different:
combine ginger snap cookies with your graham cracker crumbs
Storing Your Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
Cheesecake stores very well. You can freeze it for 1 to 2 months in a sealed freezer proof container. When you are ready to serve it, thaw it out for 24 hours in the fridge. Decorate your cheesecake slices with cool whip and serve.
PRO TIP: Before freezing your cheesecake, slice it. That way, you don't need to thaw the whole cheesecake to eat one slice. Freezing sliced pieces will allow you to take as many slices as you need out of the freezer without freezing and thawing again and again.
Note that the storage guidelines provided on this page and site are estimates from personal experiences. We are all adults and as an adult you are responsible to ensure that the food you eat is safe to eat. Since, I'm not a food safety expert, you are responsible to review your local guidelines on food storage prior to storing any food left-overs.
- Not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
Other Dessert Recipes
- Bombolini with Crema Pasticcera
- Crema Pasticcera Italian Pastry Cream
- Zeppole di San Giuseppe with Fabbri Cherries
- Millefoglie with Crema Pasticceria
- Zeppole Italian Doughnuts Sfingi with Ricotta
- Italian Almond Brittle with Honey
- Easy and Delicious Cake Mix Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Chocolate Banana Protein Muffins
Pin Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Here
Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
For the Crust
- 400 g Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons of butter melted
For the Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line a 9" springform pan with parchment paper
- Using the springform pan, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar, mix. Add butter and mix well.
- Press graham cracker crumb mixture down firmly along the sides of the spring form pan rotating the pan and finishing in the center. ar
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from heat and let cool down.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment soften the cream cheese on high speed.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla and continue to mix until well combined, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter over cooled graham cracker crust and place in the oven on the middle rack at 350°F for 10 minutes (place a tray below cheesecake to catch any drippings - makes oven cleaning easier)
- After 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 325°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out a little sticky but dry overall (not wet).
- Let cool. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serving Suggestions:Serve with cool whip or make your own whipped cream by whisking 1 cup of whipping cream, ¼ cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon corn starch.